How to Clean Skechers Go Walk Shoes: A Complete Guide
Skechers Go Walk shoes are known for their comfort and durability, but they can get dirty over time. Whether you’ve been wearing them for a daily walk, a hike, or simply running errands, it’s important to keep them clean to maintain their appearance and extend their lifespan. In this article, we will guide you through the process of cleaning your Skechers Go Walk shoes effectively. Additionally, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers to provide you with an all-encompassing guide.
Cleaning Materials Needed:
Before we dive into the cleaning process, let’s gather the necessary materials:
1. Mild detergent or dish soap
2. Soft-bristled brush or toothbrush
3. Lukewarm water
4. Clean cloth or sponge
5. Newspaper or paper towels
6. Odor-neutralizing spray (optional)
Step-by-Step Cleaning Process:
1. Remove the insoles: Take out the insoles from your Skechers Go Walk shoes and set them aside. This will allow you to clean the shoes more thoroughly.
2. Brush off loose dirt: Using a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush, gently brush off any loose dirt or debris from the shoes. Pay attention to the outsole, midsole, and upper.
3. Prepare the cleaning solution: In a bowl or basin, mix lukewarm water with a small amount of mild detergent or dish soap. Stir the mixture until it creates a soapy solution.
4. Clean the shoes: Dip the soft-bristled brush or toothbrush into the soapy solution and start scrubbing the upper and outsole of the shoes. Be gentle to avoid damaging the material. Focus on dirt-prone areas, such as the toe box and heel. For tough stains, you can apply a bit more pressure, but still be cautious.
5. Rinse with clean water: After scrubbing, use a clean cloth or sponge soaked in lukewarm water to rinse off the soap residue from the shoes. Make sure to remove all traces of soap to avoid any damage or discoloration.
6. Dry the shoes: Stuff the shoes with newspaper or paper towels to help them retain their shape while drying. Place them in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Allow them to air dry completely, which may take a few hours or overnight, depending on the weather conditions.
7. Clean the insoles: While the shoes are drying, clean the insoles separately. Mix a small amount of mild detergent or dish soap with water in a basin. Gently scrub the insoles with a soft brush or sponge, then rinse thoroughly with clean water. Allow them to air dry completely.
8. Deodorize (optional): If your Skechers Go Walk shoes have developed an odor, you can use an odor-neutralizing spray specifically designed for shoes. Follow the instructions on the spray bottle to freshen up your shoes.
9. Reassemble the shoes: Once the shoes and insoles are completely dry, reinsert the insoles into the shoes. Your clean and refreshed Skechers Go Walk shoes are now ready to be worn again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can Skechers Go Walk shoes be machine washed?
– No, machine washing is not recommended for Skechers Go Walk shoes. It can damage the materials and affect the shoe’s performance.
2. Can I use bleach to clean my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– No, bleach should not be used as it may discolor or damage the shoes. Stick to mild detergents or dish soaps.
3. Can I put my Skechers Go Walk shoes in the dryer?
– No, it’s best to air dry your shoes to avoid any shrinkage or damage. Direct heat from a dryer can distort the shape of the shoes.
4. How often should I clean my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– Cleaning frequency depends on usage and personal preference. However, it is recommended to clean them every few weeks or when they appear visibly dirty.
5. Can I use a shoe cleaner spray on my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– Yes, you can use a shoe cleaner spray specifically designed for fabric or mesh materials. Test it on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn’t cause any discoloration.
6. What if my Skechers Go Walk shoes have a suede or leather upper?
– The cleaning process mentioned above is suitable for fabric or mesh uppers. For suede or leather, it’s best to consult the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions or seek professional shoe cleaning services.
7. Can I submerge my Skechers Go Walk shoes in water?
– It is not recommended to fully submerge your shoes in water. Instead, use a damp cloth or sponge to clean them.
8. How can I remove stubborn stains from my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– For tough stains, you can create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stained area and gently rub it in. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off with clean water.
9. Can I use a washing machine bag to clean my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– No, it’s best to avoid using a washing machine bag as it may cause damage to the shoes. Stick to hand cleaning for better results.
10. Are there any specific cleaning tips for the outsole of my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– You can use an old toothbrush or a small brush to clean the grooves on the outsole. This will help remove any trapped dirt and maintain the shoe’s traction.
11. How can I prevent my Skechers Go Walk shoes from getting dirty quickly?
– Applying a water and stain repellent spray before using your shoes can help protect them from dirt and stains. Additionally, avoiding muddy or excessively dirty environments can also prevent quick dirt accumulation.
12. Can I use a fabric softener to clean my Skechers Go Walk shoes?
– No, fabric softeners can leave a residue on the shoes, affecting their breathability and performance. Stick to mild detergents or dish soaps for cleaning.
Properly cleaning your Skechers Go Walk shoes is essential to maintain their appearance, prolong their lifespan, and ensure optimal performance. By following the step-by-step guide provided above, you can effectively clean your shoes and keep them looking fresh. Remember to avoid machine washing or using harsh chemicals, and always air dry them. With regular cleaning and care, your Skechers Go Walk shoes will be ready to accompany you on your daily adventures for a long time.